Friday, February 27, 2015


It was my turn to select the challenge of the week over at Card Camp. It was an easy choice for me as I had just been thinking about how I used to stamp all my own backgrounds on my cards. So that was my challenge to everyone for the week.... to stamp their own card background.

I decided to make a 5x5" card starting with a white card base. I added a panel of Chocolate Chip on top of that, and then my Pale Plum stamped panel. I stamped it using Pale Plum ink with the Houndstooth background stamp from Stampin' UP. Another smaller layer of white card stock was used for my greeting of "Thinking of You" which is a favorite image of mine by SU.  I love each and every one of the MFT blueprints die-namics, but I think my favorite is the Blueprints 14 which was used exclusively on this card. I used Chocolate Chip, Pale Plum and Perfect Plum cardstock, all by SU, to make the flower and a small white piece for the button center. To finish it off, a piece of twine was used for the center of the flower.

Saturday, February 14, 2015


This is the card I made for my daughter for Valentine's Day this year. She has always loved sparkly, glittery things, so I wanted to use this gorgeous red glimmer paper by Stamping' UP! for her card.
I started out with a white card base, adding a scalloped panel of the red glimmer paper, a panel of black card stock, and a white Swiss Dots embossed panel on top. I chose the hearts image by Inkadinkadoo and mounted it to more black card stock. The square scallop die used for the image is from Spellbinders. The rest of the dies used, including the small hearts, are from MFT's Blueprints 20. Unfortunately, the glittered red areas of the card don't show up nearly as shiny as they really are!
I hope you liked your Valentine Jocelyn!

Tuesday, February 10, 2015


I always love it when I'm able to use paper scraps to make cards, although I usually can't remember who the manufacturer of the patterned papers are.  This Valentine card was made with some scraps from my paper bin along with SU's Real Red cardstock.  MFT Blueprints 3 and Tag Builders 3 die-namics were used, along with a die cut of an old rotary telephone made by Sizzix.

It's been ages since I've been able to put my watermark on my cards.  Thank you Vin for your help in getting this working for me again!