Sunday, January 18, 2009

Just Because...


Isn't it great when you get a card in the mail "Just Because" and not for any particular reason? I was snow bound today along with a bad cold and it was the perfect opportunity to create a card...and it's been so long since I've been able to, that it was just what the doctor ordered! LOL

I wanted to use a stamp image that I hadn't inked up yet. With all the snow falling today, I decided to make it more of a spring themed card so I picked out an image from Stampin' UP's "A Flower for All Seasons" (all 4 images are adorable) along with a small greeting by Endless Creations.

The background paper is SU Lavender Lace and the rest of the paper was from a mat pack of designer paper called Emma from the Making Memories Kids collection. The white paper is watercolor paper.

Ink: Black Stazon, So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Regal Rose and Lovely Lilac

I also used the scallop border punch, dimensionals and Rhinestone brads from SU, Marvy punches, and some pretty Prima flowers that I've had forever but never used. :)

7 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Simply beautiful Clara! It's funny...I've been making purple and green cards today as well! Hope you feel better soon! I'm glad that you could have a little stamp time...always the best medicine! :D

kareN stampZ said...

that's lovely we've missed you, it's gloriously sunny here but windy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.. wonderful job and just the right card and theme for a snow day!

Susie said...

this is lovely Clara!!!!Very nice job

Anne said...

What a lovely, spring-like card Clara. The snow will be gone before you know it - I hope!

n8tvtexan said...

Your card is gorgeous! Its is so cheerful and makes me think of Spring.

Unknown said...

You card is lovely. Purple is such a pretty color. Feel better Clara. Can't wait to see some of your spring cards.