Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN

I joined a sketch challenge swap and what a frustrating challenge it ended up being for me! I was definitely outside of my comfort zone using angles and not the usual rectangles and squares.... seeing as Halloween is just around the corner, I thought making it as a Halloween card as well would be a good idea. Even though I came close to tossing the card out and starting over, I stuck with it and think I pulled if off. :)
Stamps - I used a wonderful (limited edition) set by JustRite called Witch Way to the Treats, and both Halloween Backgrounds and Antique Crackling Background by Stampin' UP

Paper - Basic Black, Old Olive, Very Vanilla. The DP used was last years SU Halloween Night and the Cast-A-Spell DP from this year. All cardstock and DP is from Stampin' UP.

Ink - Old Olive, Basic Black

I used a color duster with Old Olive ink to add a little of the olive color to the circle of Very Vanilla, then cut out the circle and scalloped circle using Nesties. The little bat was cut from a Cuttlebug die cut and given to me by a stamping friend. Dimensionals were used to raise it up off the card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

2 comments:

Debby said...

That's tough for me too but you did fabulous! I really really love it!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Oh Clara, I think that you pulled it off! For some reason, the bats remind me of triangles, so I think that this all goes together perfectly! Well done my friend! :D