Saturday, October 23, 2010

DECORATED CHRISTMAS TIN

Well, some people may think it's rushing the season to think about Christmas right now, but anyone who makes handmade items for the holidays knows it's NEVER to early to start! LOL This week for #174 Bloggers Challenge was to reuse/recycle something.

I've had this little tin for quite some time. It was given to me with a small gift inside and I kept it to decorate and recycle it. Being completely silver colored with writing on the top and bottom of the tin, I decided to cover the top with some heavy weight Christmas DP(Ornaments/Pine) from BasicGrey and cover the bottom of the tin in the same matching paper that was used to make the band that wraps around the middle of the tin. Red ribbon was used as an accent to wrap around the center of the band and also around the sides of the entire tin. I tried to turn the tin so that you can see the ribbon. I found a great little silver colored tree charm by Making Memories that worked perfectly as a center piece for the band. My newly decorated tin is to hold the gift certificate that I am giving Steven for Christmas this year. Ho...Ho...Ho...

11 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is GORGEOUS Clara! I love that paper and I especially love the little metal Christmas tree! What a terrific accent! Beautifully done! :D

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the gorgeous paper- and the great Metal charm. Great project!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Very nice. Good use of an old item. I too hold on to things for just such an occassion.

Deloris said...

Oh Clara...Your wonderful creativity is showing....what a great idea....Your so very very creative..Hugs Deloris

Ida said...

So pretty and festive. Love the DP you chose.

BarbaraW said...

Pretty gift box. You did a great job recycling it.

Marsha Fisher said...

Completely adorable!! Sorry that you aren't feeling well :0(

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic!!! I have a tin that I need to decorate too--yours gave me some ideas--many thanks for playing along.

Basement Stamper said...

That is very pretty and it's definitely not too early to think about Christmas gifts!

Rachel Hope said...

Great giftie!!!

Lisa Bohler said...

Never too early to start preparing for Christmas! Love what you did to the tin!