Sunday, July 13, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I have another birthday card to share with you today. This time the birthday was for my daughter, Jocelyn.  I just loved making this card, and with the help of MFT's new Gerbera Daisy die it went together easily.
I started off with white cardstock for the base, adding a layer of Barely Banana (one of Jocelyn's favorite cardstock colors). On top of that I layered it with a white panel that I ran through my Big Shot with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The fun part was selecting the colors for the gerbera daisies. I chose Lavender Lace, Lovely Lilac, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana and Creamy Caramel. All the papers used is SU. The flourish I chose was another MFT die called Fancy Flourish using Mellow Moss cardstock. The little Happy Birthday greeting by SU was just the perfect size for the card. I had so much fun making this card that I'm going to make a few more, just changing the colors of the flowers.  :)  HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOCELYN.  I'm so glad you had a nice birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this card! The colors could be quilt colors. Not that we're making a quilt anytime soon. I wish I had time to finish the one we started. I hope you are enjoying your pool. Hot and sticky...

Paula said...

Gorgeous!! LOVE those colors, very bright and cheery. Great to see you posting again :)