Thursday, May 11, 2017

YOU'RE AWESOME!

Oh my goodness... My precious granddaughter, Lily Clara, is 10 years old today! I remember that little 5 lb bundle coming home from the hospital.....was it REALLY 10 years ago??  My Lily is crazy about soccer so I knew I had to find a soccer image to make her birthday card. Finding an image of a GIRL with a soccer ball, and not a boy, wasn't as easy as I first thought it would be. With the help of a stamping friend, this digital image was found on Etsy.
On one of the soccer teams she is on, she wears a red uniform. She has long blonde hair, and is number 23. That was the criteria I had to meet...

I started out with some Real Red card stock for my card base. Using Basic Black and white card stock for layering, and some Summer Sun card stock for some of the stars. All the card stock used on this card was from Stampin UP!

I decided to add a large soccer ball for my background underneath the image to add to the soccer theme. It was made using the Hexagon Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder from SU, then cut with a large Spellbinders Circle Die. Here are additional items that were used to complete Lily's birthday card.
MFT - Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX
MFT - Stitched Banner Numbers Die-namics
MFT - Blueprints #20 Die-namics
MFT - Stacking Stars
MFT - More Essential Sentiments
Various Copic markers

Like this card says, YOU'RE AWESOME! 
I hope you have a wonderful day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY! 

5 comments:

Paula said...

OMG!!!!! I love it! The image is perfect (you've colored her wonderfully). And the soccer ball...oh my, that is just over the top creative!! Lily is going to just squeal when she sees this card :)

loz said...

Fantastic card for a soccer girl Clara...Your granddaughter will Love this..Loz

SunnyD said...

Absolutely perfect card......she will love it........lily our soccer champ. Great card gal.

Chris Boldovici said...

Terrific card Clara! You did a wonderful job coloring the image too. I am sure Lilly will love it too.

Hugs
Chris B

Crafty_ma_am said...

you are so creative to be able to put all those items together. Happy Birthday to your Lilly.