Saturday, June 28, 2008

Reid is 1 year old!




We've had lots of birthdays this month! Little Reid turned a year old and this is the card I made for him in honor of his "big day". Reid is just the cutest little red headed guy who has one of those great big contagious smiles!

I wanted to make a card that showed the age he was celebrating on the front and went through tons of stamps looking for what I thought was the perfect one. I finally dug through some images that were given to me and knew right away when I'd found it!!! A cute little teddybear holding a frame that I could place his age into. A BIG thanks to my stamping pal Candy, who had given this image to me a while ago.

Stamp: Darcies

Ink: Black, Tempting Turquoise

Paper: Really Rust, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, designer paper by K&Company

I also used various colored pencils and markers, along with a piece of rainbow twine made by Lehigh. I cut out the center of the frame and backed it with card stock I ran through the computer so I could get the perfect size "1". I also did the same thing for the personalized greeting. A sponge dauber was used with Tempting Turquoise around the edges of the greeting to add a bit of color.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE REID!

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Now...THIS is adorable! You lucky girl to get this sweet image from a friend! Another wonderful card Clara! :D